NEGOTIATION SKILLS LESSON PLAN
Teachers may either print out
the lesson and have students
read it themselves, or use the
lesson for your own business skills lesson.
Introduce the topic by explaining that we all need negotiating skills in private and corporate life but that that the most effective skills are those that all both parties to a negotiation to feel satisfied with the outcome.
Have them read the passage. Give them the activity number 1. Check the order:
- Build rapport so that all parties feel relaxed and comfortable
- Identify interests
- Focus on interest not on positions
- Set objective standards for a fair agreement
- Find as many options as possible
- Look for mutually acceptable solutions.
Give them activity 2. Have them work in pairs to discuss A. Give them situation B and have them discuss it.
Debrief: Round up some of their ideas for a mutually acceptable solution and note them on the whiteboard.
Lesson Printable Materials -
Print out the teaching lesson pages and
exercise worksheets for
use with this lesson: